What Is Levitra Professional 20 MG(Vardenafil Professional 20 MG)?
Levitra Professional 20mg or Vardenafil Professional 20mg is an FDA-approved oral prescription medication for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED). It belongs to a class of drugs called “PDE5 inhibitors.”
Levitra professional 20 mg works by increasing blood flow to the penis to help improve erectile function when you are in sexual stimulation.
The active ingredient in Levitra professional 20 mg works specifically on the chain of events that occurs in the penis during arousal when two large chambers in a man’s penis fill with blood.
Common Side Effects(Levitra Professional 20 MG):
Headache, flushing, stuffy/runny nose, or dizziness may occur. Vision changes such as increased sensitivity to light, blurred vision, or trouble telling blue and green colors apart may also occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
To reduce the risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Sexual activity may put extra strain on your heart, especially if you have heart problems. If you have heart problems and experience any of these serious side effects while having sex, stop and get medical help right away: severe dizziness, fainting, chest/jaw/left arm pain, nausea.
Rarely, sudden decreased vision, including permanent blindness, in one or both eyes (NAION) may occur. If this serious problem occurs, stop taking vardenafil and get medical help right away. You have a slightly greater chance of developing NAION if you have heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol, certain other eye problems (“crowded disk”), high blood pressure, if you are over 50, or if you smoke.
Rarely, a sudden decrease or loss of hearing, sometimes with ringing in the ears and dizziness, may occur. Stop taking vardenafil and get medical help right away if these effects occur.
In the rare event you have a painful or prolonged erection lasting 4 or more hours, stop using this drug and get medical help right away, or permanent problems could occur.
Get medical help right away if you have any very serious side effects, including: fast/irregular heartbeat, seizures, temporary memory loss.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Upset stomach
- Back Pain
Precautions(Levitra Professional 20 MG):
- Women should avoid taking Levitra Professional 20mg as it is not approved for them.
- Those who are taking medications to treat STD’s should not take Levitra simultaneously.
- One should not take Levitra Professional 20 mg if they are taking any kind of nitrate.
- Those who have cardiovascular disease or significant heart disease should avoid taking Vardenafil Professional 20 mg or Levitra 20mg Online.
Do not take Levitra
- If you are allergic to vardenafil or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6). Signs of an allergic reaction include a rash, itching, swollen face or lips and shortness of breath.
- If you are taking medicines containing nitrates, such as glycerol trinitrate for angina, or nitric oxide donors, such as amyl nitrite. Taking these medicines with Levitra could seriously affect your blood pressure.
- If you are taking ritonavir or indinavir, medicines used to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections.
- If you are over 75 years of age and are taking ketaconazole or itraconazole, anti-fungal medicines.
- If you have a severe heart or liver problem.
- If you are having kidney dialysis.
- If you have recently had a stroke or heart attack.
- If you have or have had low blood pressure.
- If your family has a history of degenerative eye diseases (such as retinitis pigmentosa).
- If you have ever had a condition involving loss of vision due to damage to the optic nerve from insufficient blood supply known as non-arteritic ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION).
- If you are taking riociguat. This drug is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension (i.e. high blood pressure in the lungs) and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (i.e. high blood pressure in the lungs secondary to blood clots). PDE5 inhibitors, such as Levitra have been shown to increase the hypotensive effects of this medicine. If you are taking riociguat or are unsure tell your doctor.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Levitra.
Take special care with Levitra
- If you have heart trouble. It may be risky for you to have sex.
- If you suffer from irregular heart beat (cardiac arrhythmia) or inherited heart diseases affecting your electrocardiogram.
- If you have a physical condition affecting the shape of the penis. This includes conditions called angulation, Peyronie’s disease and cavernosal fibrosis.
- If you have an illness that can cause erections which won’t go away (priapism). These include sickle cell disease, multiple myeloma and leukaemia.
- If you have stomach ulcers (also called gastric or peptic ulcers).
- If you have a bleeding disorder (such as haemophilia).
- If you are using any other treatments for erection difficulties, including Levitra orodispersible tablets (see section Other medicines and Levitra).
- If you experience sudden decrease or loss of vision, stop taking Levitra and contact your doctor immediately.
Children and adolescents
Levitra is not intended for use by children or adolescents under 18.
Levitra 20 Mg Dosage
The usual recommended dose is one 10 mg tablet taken as needed which can be increased to 20mg, 25 to 60 minutes before sexual activity. This medication has been shown to be effective within 15 minutes of taking the tablet, and lasts up to 8 to 10 hours later. As the amount of time vardenafil takes to work varies from person to person, starting sexual activity at different times after taking the tablet will determine the optimal time for sexual activity. It is not recommended to take more than one dose per day. Your doctor may recommend a dose as low as 5 mg or as high as 20 mg.
Many things can affect the dose of a medication that a person needs, such as body weight, other medical conditions, and other medications. If your doctor has recommended a dose different from the ones listed here,do not change the way that you are taking the medication without consulting your doctor.
Vardenafil may be taken with or without food.
Because alcohol can make it more difficult to get an erection, do not drink large amounts of alcohol before sexual activity. Moderate amounts of alcohol (2 drinks for a 70 kg person) will not interfere with the medication.
It is important to take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take higher doses of this medication than prescribed by your doctor. Contact your doctor if you do take a higher dose of vardenafil than prescribed.
Keep this medication out of reach and sight of children. This medication should be stored in its original package, at room temperature between 15°C and 30°C.
Do not dispose of medications in wastewater (e.g. down the sink or in the toilet) or in household garbage. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medications that are no longer needed or have expired.
Levitra 20 Mg Drug Interactions
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using, have recently used or might use any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Some medicines may cause problems, especially these:
- Nitrates, medicines for angina, or nitric oxide donors, such as amyl nitrite. Taking these medicines with Levitra could seriously affect your blood pressure. Talk to a doctor without taking Levitra.
- Medicine for the treatment of arrhythmias, such as quinidine, procainamide, amiodarone or sotalol
- Ritonavir or indinavir, medicines for HIV. Talk to a doctor without taking Levitra.
- Ketoconazole or itraconazole, anti-fungal medicines
- Erythromycin or clarithromycin, macrolide antibiotics
- Alpha-blockers, a type of medicine used to treat high blood pressure and enlargement of the prostate (as benign prostatic hyperplasia)
Do not use Levitra film-coated tablets combined with any other treatment for erectile dysfunction, including Levitra orodispersible tablets.
Levitra with food, drink and alcohol
- You can take Levitra with or without food but preferably not after a heavy or high-fat meal as this may delay the effect.
- Don’t drink grapefruit juice when you use Levitra. It can interfere with the usual effect of the medicine.
- Alcoholic drink can make erection difficulties worse.
How to take Levitra 20 Mg
Vardenafil is used to treat male sexual function problems (impotence or erectile dysfunction-ED). In combination with sexual stimulation, vardenafil works by increasing blood flow to the penis to help a man get and keep an erection.
This drug does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases (such as HIV, hepatitis B, gonorrhea, syphilis). Practice “safe sex” such as using latex condoms. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
How to use Levitra
Read the Patient Information Leaflet provided by your pharmacist before you start taking vardenafil and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Take this medication by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually as needed. Take vardenafil, with or without food, about 1 hour before sexual activity. Do not take more than once daily. Doses should be taken at least 24 hours apart.
The dosage is based on your medical condition, response to treatment, and other medications you may be taking. Be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while using this medication unless your doctor or pharmacist says you may do so safely. Grapefruit can increase the chance of side effects with this medicine. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve.